Submitting the Storage Lot Registration Form:
The following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Heron Landing HOA Board of Directors (BOD) and the Heron Landing Architectural Review Committee (ARC) to cover the operation of the Heron Landing Storage Lot.
Use of the Storage Lot will be limited to Heron Landing property owners or their tenants. The number of spaces will be limited to one space per property owner (or their tenant), whenever there is a waiting list for spaces. Owners or tenants, who use more than one space during a calendar year, may be required to surrender the additional space(s) before the end of the year. Anyone required surrendering a space, will be notified by letter and given 30 days to surrender the space.
The Storage Lot is only to be used by Heron Landing residents and Heron Landing property owners. The Storage Lot will be governed by rules and regulations approved by the BOD. These rules and regulations were designed to keep our Storage Lot attractive, comply with all current Pittsylvania County Zoning regulations, keep an up‑to‑date listing of boats/trailers and vehicle owners for legal purposes, improve the overall safety of the storage area, and the protection of the trailers (etc.) parked within. In view of past problems, we find that these rules and regulations have become necessary and will, furthermore, benefit our community, and each Heron Landing property owner or resident who uses the Storage Lot.
For security, the Storage Lot has been enclosed with a 6 foot wire fence to help protect the property of the Heron Landing property owners or tenants who are using the lot. Only those persons who are property owners or their tenants are authorized access to the Storage Lot. Any other person found in the lot that is not a property owner or tenant, will be considered trespassing, and legal action may result due to the trespass.
The following rules must be adhered to:
- Spaces in the Storage Lot will be provided on a first come basis. In the event that all spaces become occupied, the BOD has no obligation to provide additional spaces; however, consideration will be made on a case by case basis.
- All boats, trailers and vehicles kept in the Storage Lot will be required to have valid and current state license tags. All boats, trailers and vehicles must also clearly display a tag with the property owner’s name and lot number.
- All boats, trailers and vehicles kept in the Storage Lot must be personal and/or recreational vehicles such as campers and boats on trailers. No large commercial vehicles will be allowed to be kept in the Storage Lot at any time. The definition of a large commercial vehicle is a vehicle with a capacity in excess of 2‑1/2 tons, or a manufacturers Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) in excess of 10,000 pounds. There is the possibility that commercial vehicle parking may be made available, outside the Storage Lot for vehicles used on a daily basis, and which by HOA Covenants cannot be stored at the residence. For more information contact a member of the BOD and each case will be reviewed.
- All vehicles must be maintained in a safe condition while kept in the Storage Lot. Tires must be kept inflated and trailer, boats and vehicles must be stored neatly. Motor vehicles will be required to be in running condition unless special permission is given by the BOD for storing a non‑running vehicle.
- By using the Registration Form below, all trailers, boats and vehicles stored in the lot will be required to be registered with the BOD prior to storage in the lot, and must be kept in the same space they are registered and assigned. Only one (1) vehicle per space is allowed. Registration can be accomplished by emailing an ARC member, who will furnish a registration form. Any changes such as a license tag number etc., should be reported to the ARC or the BOD so the records may be kept current. Upon return of completed registration form, the Heron Landing homeowner or Heron Landing resident will be provided with the combination to the lock on the gate. It is in the interest of the renter of the space not to give this combination to others. The combination will be changed on a periodic basis and users will be notified well in advance of the change with a date for the change. Should an emergency change be required, the new combination will be provided, when possible, to users by phone, or can be had by contacting a BOD member who will provide the combination after verification of the right to lot access.
- The Heron Landing HOA or the BOD are not responsible for any loss or damage to any vehicle (boat, trailer etc.) kept at the Storage Lot. Use of the Storage Lot is at the property owner and/or tenant’s risk.
- The Heron Landing HOA or the BOD are not responsible for any property owner and/or tenant’s personal injury while using the Storage Lot. Property owners and/or tenants using the Storage Lot assume personal liability while using the lot.
- No vehicles kept in the Storage Lot shall be deemed “inoperative” as defined in Chapter 9 of the current Pittsylvania County code referencing “inoperative motor vehicles” as follows:
- Which is not in operating condition; or
- Which for a period of sixty (60) days or longer has been partially or totally disassembled by the removal of tires and wheels, the engine, or other essential parts required for operation of the vehicle; or
- On which there are displayed no valid license plates; or
- On which there is displayed no valid inspection decal.
- These Rules and Regulations were adopted by the BOD and the property owners in August 2018.
OR – Fill in the information below in our online submission form.
Please remember to put a label on your boat, trailer, or vehicle
To use this form, you must be logged in